Currently the title, or should I say working title, is The Spring of Life. But – there’s always a but – I’ve had some feedback from my beta readers: THEY DON’T ALL LOVE THE TITLE.
One said, ‘it’s okay.’
Another said, ‘it’s fine.’
Another said, ‘it sounds like something religious.’ It’s not.
I’ve had some suggestions for alternative titles:
- Bedsits, Bitches and Sleaze Weasels
- Ella and the Sleaze Weasels
- Smug Marrieds and Sleaze Weasels
- How to catch a Sleaze Weasel
You can see a common theme here – sleaze weasels do feature in the book.
The story is about 27 year old Ella who’s had a tough time lately:
- Her mum’s recently died
- She’s been cheated out of a promotion at work
- Her bitchy new boss is a Barbie doll who models herself on Gwyneth Paltrow
- She’s living in a horrible bedsit
- The hot guy upstairs thinks she’s an idiot in a Kermit onesie
Now’s she inherited a shabby, run down thatched cottage in some hick village with a bunch of conditions attached…. Some excerpts are available here.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED.
Image from freedigitalphotos.net